The competition is sponsored by Atlanta-based Worldpay US — the global payments technology and services company and creator of ATDC’s FinTech Program — and Columbus, Georgia-based TSYS — a leading global payment solutions provider. (REGISTER HERE)
This year’s theme centers on the Internet of Things, specifically, wearable financial technology (FinTech). Sponsors are supplying: Raspberry Pis, sensors, Legos, and Amazon Dots. (Please note that teams have to return the hardware.)
Participating teams will compete for cash, gadgets, and professional-services prizes valued at approximately $100,000. The grand prize winning team will receive a prize package valued at approximately $79,000, which includes $12,000 cash.
Teams can work on their own projects or work on challenges presented to them by the hackathon sponsors.
Here are the sponsors’ API tutorials:
- Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKa5cWiaD3g
- REST APIs: http://apidocs.securenet.com/docs/getstarted.html#sthash.8P7qL3WA.dpuf
- IoT APIs: http://wptechinnovation.github.io/worldpay-within-sdk/
- Tutorial: https://beta.tsysapi.com
- APIs: http://players.brightcove.net/441598569001/default_default/index.html?videoId=5316221718001