Atlanta-based company KontrolFreek celebrated a banner year in 2015, touting growth across key areas of the business, including revenue and product distribution.
“KontrolFreek has been on a major growth trajectory for several years, and we’re pleased that 2015 was no exception. This was our best year to date,” said Ashish Mistry, president and CEO of KontrolFreek. “Moving into 2016, that momentum won’t slow down. We currently have several open staff positions and are expanding our offices. We have already locked in key retail and licensing deals for this year, and we can’t wait to see what the rest of 2016 will bring.”
The company, a 2013 Signature graduate of the Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) at Georgia Tech, is a premier performance gaming gear brand that creates gaming accessories that give players at all levels a competitive advantage. KontrolFreek combines ergonomics and innovative design to deliver improved accuracy, maneuverability and comfort for Xbox and PlayStation gamers.
A key driver of KontrolFreek’s 2015 results was its licensing deal with Activision Publishing, the company said. It also introduced five new, fully-licensed Call of Duty® products throughout the calendar year. This deal resulted in some of KontrolFreek’s top-selling products, including a thumbstick design that sold out online within 25 hours of its launch.
Among other highlights:
- Retail Growth: Reaching 6,000+ individual stores worldwide, KontrolFreek grew its retail presence by more than 4,500 new locations in 2015. Along with existing Best Buy U.S. and GAME UK distribution, new stores include GameStop U.S., Best Buy Canada and other new international locations.
- Revenue Increase: With a more than 70 percent YoY revenue increase, KontrolFreek logged landmark sales and a slew of new product releases in 2015.
- Team Expansion: KontrolFreek grew its team across the organization by 50 percent to keep up with demand and support key new initiatives.
- Broadening Product Range: Along with the introduction of eight new thumbstick designs, including licensed Call of Duty products and collaborations with content partners, KontrolFreek also launched Grips, introducing the company to new verticals in the gaming controller accessories space.
- Significant Partner Growth: KontrolFreek increased its investment in international professional eSports players and content partners in 2015. New partners include three U.S-based and three European-based professional Call of Duty teams, and sponsored influencers like Gotaga, TripleWreck, GrefG and more.