Once you submit a proposal, it is up to the agency to decide if they will fund your research. It’s good to know how they will review your proposal in order to make sure your proposal meets their expectations. Come learn more in this class.
Related upcoming events
2020-09-29 12:00 pm - 2020-09-29 1:00 pm
About the Class
Protecting Intellectual Property (IP) is certainly important, but where does fit in the many priorities of any Startup business? We will address this important question in a round table fashion where attendees are encouraged to share their IP journey. At the roundtable we will have a successful startup CEO and attorneys/advisors who have shepherded many Startups in the past with IP. This class is for any Startup aiming for long term success and wishing to learn from and network with IP experts.
What you will learn:
- What aspects of IP are most important to address and how should a young business address them?
- How does IP and employment intersect?
- What are best practices for IP security that don’t include filing for a patent or copyright?
- What are the dangers and pitfalls of ignoring IP questions (or spending too much time focused on them)?
The following subjects will be addressed over the course of the four-part series:
1. What Startups Need to Know About IP
2. Finding Value for Your Startup TODAY Using IP
3. How Does the World View You Differently Before/After IP?
4. IP in Action: How will you most likely use IP assets over time?
About Georgia Intellectual Property Alliance
The Georgia Intellectual Property Alliance® (GIPA #gaipalliance) is empowering Georgia IP to advance society.™ Our mission is to provide the leadership, resources and advocacy to make Georgia a global model for the most efficient and effective ecosystem to facilitate creation, protection, and enablement of intellectual property for the economic and social well-being of our citizens. (https://www.gaipalliance.org/about)