Please join ATDC, Scheller Business School and GTRI to discuss one of the most intriguing tech topics of 2017. Jeff Gapusan and the ATDC FinTech program will host Nishant Dass from the Scheller College of Business and Joel Odom from the Georgia Tech Research Institute to discuss the Basics of Blockchain. Given the height of interest in ICOâs earlier this year, many people talk about the technology that underlies cryptocurrencies, but how many truly know its capabilities and constraints.
During this introduction, we will touch on several topics to include:
- Why are cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ether and other Altcoins) a revolutionary idea?
- Trust and other properties of Blockchain, the technology underlying cryptocurrencies
- Blockchain of Things
- Blockchains for everyone (Humanitarian applications)
- Some other examples of Blockchain applicationsÂ
- Blockchainsâ killer app â Financial Services
- Itâs the end of the world as we know it, or is it?
Please join us for what promises to be an enlightening evening.