Building on the foundation laid in our first class on Intellectual Property Basics, this class will expand into IP Strategy.Â Youâll learn how to align your intellectual property with your overall business strategy and how to position this asset to attract investors.Â This class will explore strategic considerations around claims, the role of the entrepreneur as leader of the process, and timing. Attendees will leave this class with knowledge of how to use intellectual property to maximize business value.Â
About Beyond Customer Discovery:
The Beyond Customer Discovery for Product Entrepreneurs series is designed to educate and inspire the entrepreneur making a physical product.Â The series addresses the unique characteristics of product companies and how the path through the startup phase progresses.Â
- Click here to register for Intellectual Property Part 1 on Monday, March 20th.Â
- Click here to register for Intellectual Property Part 2 on Monday, March 27th.Â
- Click here to register for Creating Your MVP on Monday, April 3rd.
- Click here to register for Finding the Right Manufacturer on April 10th.
- Click here to register for Scaling Up on April 24th.
Related upcoming events
2021-07-29 11:30 am - 2021-07-29 1:30 pm
Most technology startups fail. Why? They start executing before they have a sound business model. What about you? Have you discovered a scalable and profitable business model yet?
Customer Discovery Lab is a Customer Discovery Bootcamp designed for entrepreneurs. Customer Discovery Lab uses a combination of teaching methodologies from Customer Discovery (get out of the building), Lean Startup (iterative loop of experimentation), Startup Engineering (disprove your assumptions) and the Business Model Canvas to uncover your compelling business model.
After this program, you will have identified the core of your business model - your customer segment and value proposition. Or you may discover there isn't one. And that's OK too. It's better to find out now than after spending years and a fortune only to find out you were wrong.
How does it work?
- Multi-week intensive program. You should commit to attend every week.
- Each week, make assumptions about what needs to be true about your business model to succeed.
- Design tests to disprove each assumptions.
- Collect data and interpret the results.
- Update your business model canvas based on what you have learned.
- Present your findings to the teaching team and get thoroughly thrashed.
You will be expected to talk to at least 10 potential customers each week.
Both Customer Discovery Theory and Customer Discovery Tools are prerequisites to Customer Discovery Lab. Please take Customer Discovery Theory first which is offered the second and fourth Tuesday of every month. Once you begin Customer Discovery Lab, you are then expected to attend every subsequent Thursday until you graduate.