Will you be expanding your office needs in the next 12 months? Then please come to learn all about what is involved during a lunchtime talk given by Ryan Bowie of ICON Commercial on Tuesday, June 4th at 11.30am in the ATDC Community Room.
Ryan knows what he is talking about. He moved Pindrop out of the ATDC in 2014 and helped them scale from 20 to over 300 people in 2 years. He will explain the process, best practices and what to plan for. He will cover:
• Coworking vs. Subleasing vs. Direct Leasing.
• You are a startup with limited financial history and probably unprofitable. Learn what owners will require for security deposits, prepaid rent or letters of credit.
• Project schedules and timing.
• Opportunity Zones
• Top 5 Real Estate Criteria for Technology Companies
• Midtown Market Overview
Please bring your questions on anything related to relocating your office and how to plan to scale big.
Ryan works with Atlanta area technology companies that need a commercial real estate partner who understands them and their needs.
As an investor in technology companies as well as active involvement in Venture Atlanta and Atlanta Technology Angels, Ryan has the background and expertise to deliver for companies experiencing some or all of the following:
- Strong growth – requiring larger space that also has flexibility desired for incremental growth
- Restricted cash flow – requiring identification of appropriate locations that limit up-front costs
- Recruitment challenges – providing sophisticated demographic analyses that support locations where employees, recruits, partners and customers wish to live and work
- Fragmented design – creating collaborative spaces enabling team members to better work and succeed together
- Incentive needs – identifying and securing state and city funding, tax credits and training in exchange for a company’s commitment to headcount growth
Ryan has been assisting technology users since 2000 and has completed hundreds of office and industrial transactions, not only in Atlanta, but also across North America. Ryan strictly represents tenants and users only and does not represent owners or landlords to avoid conflicts of interest.
Ryan joined ICON Commercial in 2007 to leverage a very nimble, customer-focused tenant-only platform. Ryan grew up in Athens, GA, went to UGA and is a big Bulldawg fan. He is married with three children and resides in Sandy Springs. He enjoys spending time with his family, golf, tennis, mountain biking, investing, raising awareness for childhood cancer and is an avid snowboarder/wakeboarder.