Among the contestants are six Member companies of the Advanced Technology Development Center:
- Gimme Vending LLC: secure data capture application for vending machine owners.
- MyMobileLyfe: mobile-friendly content creation platform based on trending topics and search engine query data captured in real-time.
- Quantum Gravity Inc.: ecommerce marketplace for high-end sunglasses and other fashion accessories.
- Synapse Software Systems Inc.: SaaS-based aircraft maintenance solution that helps airlines better manage their aircraft maintenance costs.
- TekWear LLC: hands-free data capture and reporting solution for agriculture professionals.
- Zyrobotics: personalized robotics coaches that help 3-to-12-year olds learn STEM.
On March 17, the 17 semifinalists will have just three minutes each to wow the judges for a chance to become the Elite Eight and move on to the finals.
This year’s semifinalists were selected by a committee of Atlanta’s leading investors, entrepreneurs and other prominent figures in the Atlanta startup community.
The competition, now in its 10th year, is presented in a tournament format, with the semifinals scheduled to take place March 17. There, the semifinalists will compete for one of eight spots. These eight will pitch in brackets at the May event to determine the Final Four. At this same event in May, the Final Four will pitch again to compete for the $50,000 equity-free cash prize. All four will receive $350,000 in legal, marketing accounting and other professional services.
For more information about the 2015 TAG Business Launch competition, visit the official competition page here.