|Thursday, June 4, 2009
7:30 to 9am
Centergy One Building
Join us at this month’s TAG/ATDC Entrepreneurs event as a panel of entrepreneur operators and experts share their tips on how to manage, use and preserve your precious cash sources.
Experts to include:
- Doug Hadaway, CFO, MFG.com; Former CEO, Marketworks
- Lindsey Sykes, Bennett Thrasher Partner, Former CFO, TRX
- Dave Chambless, Principal, Abraxas Business Services
Topics will include:
- How do you best make decisions on how and when to spend cash particularly when you’re a cash strapped organization?
- How do you get better runway from the capital that you raise for your venture?
- What policies and procedures are essential in a growing
organization that don’t hinder the entrepreneurial spirit of your
- What are the best and most creative ways to compensate management and employees that will motivate while preserving cash?
- What financial modeling and cash-flow management tools and best
practices do entrepreneurial ventures deploy to best position for
successful capital raising (bank and/or institutional capital) or other
- What do you recommend for management of finance within a
startup/early stage company? What are the pros and cons of an
outsourced CFO model? If you outsource, what should the company retain
- When does it make sense to bring in a CFO or senior finance person to a company?
- What are the key mistakes growing companies make in the finance
area that hinder their ability to sell their company, raise capital or
execute successful on major events?