The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate has an open SBIR Solicitation. Proposals are due on June 24th and could result in Phase I Awards up to $100,000. Companies may contact the DHS with technical questions before June 10th. Topics in this solicitation are:
- Detector for Smuggled Currency
- Next Generation Vacuum Systems for Hand-held Mass Spectrometers
- Large-Scale Network Survivability, Rapid Recovery, and Reconstitution
- Non-Detonable, Non-Hazardous, Low-Cost, Hexamethylene Triperoxide Diamine (HMTD) Training Aids for Canines
- Automated Tool for Assessing Usability
- Helmet with Embedded Active Display for Emergency Responders (HEADER)
- Accelerating the Deployment of DHS Center of Excellence Research through Advanced Business Practices
- Handheld Multisensor Wand for the Detection of Threat or Illicit Objects on Persons
- Personal Situational Awareness App
Read the solicitation for further details.
NOTE: DHS encourages submission of topics for future solicitations. Check their site out for more details.