TAG FinTech is pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 2016 Innovation Award.
The TAG FinTech Innovation Award promotes innovation in the Georgia FinTech ecosystem by recognizing and publicizing startup companies that are designing innovative technology-based solutions that have a positive impact on the FinTech market and providing them with support to thrive. Participating companies receive education and mentoring from industry veterans, as well as access to a network of industry leaders. (REGISTER HERE.)
The $50,000 cash award is awarded to the startup that is judged to have the most innovative solution and the potential to make the most significant impact on the FinTech market. The award winner will also be accepted — free of charge — into the ATDC Accelerate program of the Advanced Technology Development Center (ATDC) at Georgia Tech.
The Innovation Award Education and Mentoring program will take place on Thursday nights in January 2016 at WorldPay’s headquarters at Atlantic Station. The program will conclude with a “pitch night,” which will be held on January 28th. A panel of judges, made up of Award sponsors, will select 2-3 finalists to present their innovation at the TAG FinTech Symposium on February 4, 2016. A winner will be announced at the conclusion of the Symposium.
Award Overview and Requirements:
- Applicants must complete the TAG FinTech three-session education and mentoring program in its entirety to be eligible for the $50,000 award.
- The $50,000 award is a non-equity cash award.
- The winner will receive admission into the ATDC Accelerate program for six months free of charge. Current ATDC Accelerate or Educate companies will have fees waived for six months.
- Applicant innovations must be targeted at the greater financial services industry.
- Applicants must be headquartered, or committed to locating their headquarters, in the state of Georgia.
- Applicants must be early stage companies (pre-profitability and less than $1 million in capital raised).
- Individuals (pre-incorporation), including students, are welcome to apply.
- More than one applicant is required for the award selection process to be in place.
- There is no cost to participate for accepted companies/individuals. Finalists who are selected to present at the TAG FinTech Symposium will each receive one free admission to the Symposium.