ATDC/TAG CapVenture is a unique and powerful training program to educate and equip early stage company executives for smarter and more productive capitalization of their business. The program is optimized for those seeking their first institutional round of financing.
In 2010, for the first time, CapVenture will be split into two tracks: “Series A” and“Seed”. The Series A track is designed for those companies ready for venture capital. The Seed track is for those companies who need capital but are not yet ready for venture capital.
Through participation in this program, companies will:
- Gain valuable practical knowledge about the various forms of capital available to early-stage technology companies.
- Sharpen the participating company’s business and financing strategy to increase the probability of successful capitalization.
- Assess their companies’ fit with various forms of capital.
- Gain practical tips on the process of capital raising that will increase their odds of success and limit unproductive activities.
- Gain peer and mentor relationships to facilitate valuable connections for their businesses.
- Provide prepared participants an opportunity to meet investors.
The 2008 forum led to requests for 59 meetings by investors. The top CapVenture “Series A” track companies will have an additional opportunity to present to dozens of investors through an automatic slot during the ATDC/VentureLab early-stage forum at Venture Atlanta.