- 1010.August.0https://atdc.org/event/corps-team-office-hours/1:00 pm-3:00 pm2020.08.10
Corps Team is an Atlanta Headquartered, nationwide, professional search and staffing firm.
We partner with Founders to hire key talent as they build their teams, supplement full-time talent with project or contract talent, and as a sounding board for hiring decisions.
For over 15 years, we have sourced, qualified, and matched professional talent to roles that are a match in terms of skills and fit. We have an excellent Atlanta based team of experienced and friendly recruiters who share the same passion for building long-term, sustainable relationships with our clients, consultants, and candidates.
- 1111.August.0https://atdc.org/event/customer-discovery-theory-38-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/12:00 pm-2:00 pm2020.08.11
Most concept-stage startups fail because they focus more on how to deliver a product than on the needs of people buying it. This course provides a concentrated overview of the Customer Development Process, Business Model Canvas and Minimal Viable Product. By understanding customers, startups reduce the risk of failure. This class is the first in the Customer Discovery Badge Program, and it should be followed with Customer Discovery Tools.
You are welcome to bring your own lunch.
This course is a prerequisite for Customer Discovery Tools and Customer Discovery Lab. You are only required to take it once.
- 1111.August.0https://atdc.org/event/product-circle-19-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/3:00 pm-4:00 pm2020.08.11
Does your startup have physical products in its vision? Does it face the ‘build it’ challenge? Does it need to build prototypes? Products? Does it need to build manufacturing processes? Does it need support or access to big ticket tooling and facilities in order to build? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then the Product Circle may be for you. Come and participate in this discussion among peers, whether your product is in the idea stage or has already entered the market. This circle is also an excellent entry point to learn about the myriad of lab facilities available at Georgia Tech for use by startups.
- 1212.August.0https://atdc.org/event/investor-readiness-part-3-preparing-your-pitch-2-2/12:00 pm-2:00 pm2020.08.12
ATDC and the Atlanta Technology Angels (ATA) have partnered for this five-part workshop that focuses on the final steps required to prepare for talks with investors. Members of the ATA will be leading the discussion, giving attendees an invaluable opportunity to learn from and interact with some of the region’s top angel investors.
You never get a second chance to make a good first impression. This class is for honing your pitch with ATDC veteran mentor Greg Nicholson before being thrown into the ring of angel investors. Eligible entrepreneurs should come prepared to give their pitch, have it critiqued, and make improvements.
- Click here to register for Part 1. Part 1 and Part 2 are open to all ATDC members. Only those who have graduated from Financial Literacy or received a bye from ATDC Catalyst Bill Hogan may continue to Investor Readiness Parts 3-6.
- 1313.August.0https://atdc.org/event/customer-discovery-lab-2019-3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-3-2-3-2-2-2-2-2/11:30 am-1:30 pm2020.08.13
Most technology startups fail. Why? They start executing before they have a sound business model. What about you? Have you discovered a scalable and profitable business model yet?
Customer Discovery Lab is a Customer Discovery Bootcamp designed for entrepreneurs. Customer Discovery Lab uses a combination of teaching methodologies from Customer Discovery (get out of the building), Lean Startup (iterative loop of experimentation), Startup Engineering (disprove your assumptions) and the Business Model Canvas to uncover your compelling business model.
After this program, you will have identified the core of your business model – your customer segment and value proposition. Or you may discover there isn’t one. And that’s OK too. It’s better to find out now than after spending years and a fortune only to find out you were wrong.
How does it work?
- Multi-week intensive program. You should commit to attend every week.
- Each week, make assumptions about what needs to be true about your business model to succeed.
- Design tests to disprove each assumptions.
- Collect data and interpret the results.
- Update your business model canvas based on what you have learned.
- Present your findings to the teaching team and get thoroughly thrashed.
You will be expected to talk to at least 10 potential customers each week.
Both Customer Discovery Theory and Customer Discovery Tools are prerequisites to Customer Discovery Lab. Please take Customer Discovery Theory first which is offered the second and fourth Tuesday of every month. Once you begin Customer Discovery Lab, you are then expected to attend every subsequent Thursday until you graduate.
Join A.T. Gimbel (AV), Berkley Baker (@atdc), and Grace Park (@docdoc) on Aug. 13th at 7:30am for Healthcare Coffee: The Impact of Leadership on Successful Entrepreneurs! https://buff.ly/3ifE2pa
My startup, Solar Inventions, is formally announcing its breakthrough C3 technology today. C3 improves efficiency and lowers the costs of virtually every type of solar, all without requiring new ... equipment or factory upgrades. #solarpanels #solarenergy
RT CCasteel2 RT NCIsbir: The 2021 NCI #SBIR Contract Topics have been released. Review this year’s 17 topics to find out if the #CancerTech you're work… #sbir #sttr
RT CCasteel2 There are hard funding caps for SBIR/STTR, but NIH gives waivers for certain topic areas. See if your research qualifies: https://bit.ly/3fzxksE #sbir #sttr