ATDC has a rigorous selection process for companies applying to be a part of our portfolio. This ensures a highly motivated peer group, and a stellar portfolio of companies that draws investors and Fortune 1000 customers year after year. Interested in applying to become an ATDC portfolio company? Review the criteria, then attend a Coffee with a Catalyst session or schedule an appointment with an ATDC staff member.
ATDC Accelerate companies are in the early -stage of their startup journey but are developing promising technologies or life sciences products. Some of the evaluation criteria include:
- At least one person working on the business on a full-time basis and another on a part-time basis.
- Must have a minimal viable product.
- Must have completed the ATDC Educate Badge Series unless waived by an ATDC catalyst.
ATDC Signature companies are high-potential technology and life sciences companies located in or willing to move to Georgia. Unlike other startups, these companies distinguish themselves by having:
- More than just an idea; you are an emerging company with a leadership team (even a team of two counts!) and goals.
- Industry‐changing, disruptive technology or deep intellectual property.
- Scalable product or service.
- Coachable management team.
- Aptitude for receiving strategic investments or government grants.
Additionally, Signature companies support ATDC’s goal of bringing economic value to Georgia.
ATDC screens for how unique and defensible the core product or service is; the potential for the business to scale and receive funding; the domain expertise and full time commitment of the team; plus our ability to add value through ATDC’s programming and coaching.